Saturday, January 23, 2010

Gasan Mountain Fortress

I realized while editing this blog for book print that I double blogged this. Oh well!

 Wanting something to do as a day trip, we settled on this fortress that I happened to discover some information about. It was a nice drive with some interesting things to see. The fortress, I believe, is almost entirely rebuilt from the original, though much smaller. The original was built, of course, during the Joseon era. It consisted of the 'layers', and outer, inner, and central wall and is supposed to be one of a kind in Korea. There's not much other information that I can find. 

back side of fortress gate

view along top of the wall
It was a bit of drive to the fortress, with lots of great scenic views of mountains and overviews of valleys. We also passed some interesting restaurants along the way!



Or, if you were in a more DIY kind of mood, you could buy some freshly killed pheasants to take home. 



No comments:

Post a Comment