Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Frozen Fun

Growing up in the south doesn't provide many opportunities for winter activities. So I'm enjoying the cold and playing like a kid in it! My husband built a couple of sleds for the girls out of the products of a dumpster dive. (No, he did not actually get in a dumpster.) First, we tested them out in our still frozen parking lot.

homemade sled

After the successful test run, we took them out to the canal in Waegwan. My husband, ever leery of the danger of falling through the ice, trod carefully over it many times, till I got tired of waiting and strode on out. The oldest had a blast, though the youngest one got cold and spent most of the time in the (nearby) car watching through the window.


wheeee!!!!

2 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun! My family just moved to Waegwan. Where is this Canal? I know where the market is downtown and how to get to the base but that is about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw your comment. This is near the IC. If you are getting off the IC coming into Waegwan, this is under the bridge you cross just before the 3rd or 4th light. (It is the light where the lanes go from 3 to 2.)

    ReplyDelete