Saturday, September 17, 2011

COEX Mall


The COEX in Seoul is a multi-purpose place. It has convention centers and exhibition areas and an underground mall that contains a large movie theater, an aquarium, and a kimchi museum.

I found the mall disappointing. Unless I missed something there was a minimal selection of stores, though restaurants were numerous. We chose not to visit the aquarium today, it being Saturday and highly crowded. We did visit the very small kimchi museum. It was actually quite interesting and I learned there were many more types of kimchi than I could have imagined!

The kimchi making process:
preparing the cabbage
preparing the spices
mixing
storing for fermentation

They also had a tasting room with 8 different kinds of kimchi to sample. I could not bring myself to sample any since I didn't know who had done what and when. Also, I must have something with kimchi; it's not something I can just eat by itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment