Monday, February 6, 2012

Hello Kitty: An Asian Icon


Back at the KINTEX! We rode the subway for another hour and half to get out to Ilsan, home of the KINTEX, to visit Hello Kitty's Castle. I do not know what it is about Hello Kitty (HK), but she is HUGE in every Asian country I've been to. I could completely redecorate my house with nothing but HK items. Microwaves, toasters, dish racks, spatulas, toilet seats, rugs, sheets, towels, bed headboards, toothbrushes; if you can name it they have it. With two little girls in the house I actually do have several of those items listed! So of course I had to take those two little girls to her castle. It's actually a large play area with several rides, bumper cars, a large ball pit, and jump balloons. They had set apart display sections with HK art pieces, HK jewelry, HK picture gallery, and HK house, which was just a mock bedroom & bathroom completely decorated with HK items. Of course, HK was there to greet you, which was very exciting. 

You can see why it's called a castle.

Meeting Hello Kitty!

Everything was emblazoned with HK. Everything.

Anything HK you could imagine!

History of HK. 



My daughter informed me this was a jewelpet. What do I know?

No comments:

Post a Comment