Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Hello Museum


I don't even know how I found the Korean-only website for this children's museum, but I could tell from the pictures that they have some sort of hands-on art display going on. I printed out the main page and showed a taxi driver and we made it there. The horrendous traffic on the way and subsequent high taxi fee reminded me of why I take the subway everywhere, but I couldn't get directions to this place. It is a very obscure, small museum, tucked inside a fairly small (for Seoul), nondescript office building.


Since the website is all Hangul I did not know that you were supposed to make reservations beforehand. However, they kindly excused my ignorance and we were able to get a wonderful private tour from a docent who spoke very good English. The current exhibit is about various mediums artists can use. We viewed watercolors, oil on canvas, pen on paper, ink for stamping with wood, tempura on wood, and some sort of substance she couldn't translate, but said was made from burnt wood. After 'googling', I still can't identify it.
Our guide explaining the art to the girls.

Wood and tempura.
She gave some information for the next exhibit, Animal Safari. It looks really great, so I'm sure we'll be going back, this time with reservations!

And just FYI, we did take the subway home!

No comments:

Post a Comment