Sunday, July 14, 2013

The End


This is it; I am back in my home country, the USA. Yes, I am a different person after living and travelling abroad. I still love Korea and miss it everyday right now. I'm sure the heartache will fade in time, but if we ever have the chance to go back I certainly won't turn it down.

What can I write at the end of the last amazing few years? How to sum it all up? I really don't know, I don't think I can. There's been no seismic shift in my world paradigm; I still have the same values as before. But I do see my own culture differently, maybe a little less sympathetically. Americans, lose some weight and improve the customer service! And stop beating each other up about being materialistic, of course you are (though not as much as you may think!), but so is every other developed country and any normal human being who has purchasing power. Koreans...well you'll have to do your own self-assessment.

Korea will always be in my heart, but I must bloom where the Army transplants me, so now it's time to focus on Kansas. Join me for new adventures in "Life on the Prairie"!

No comments:

Post a Comment