Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Great Wall (of many steps)


The Great Wall truly is great. It really is a wonder. I could never describe how magnificent it really is. There are three sections open to tourists; I'm not sure which one we went to. It is much larger and longer than I expected. I was unable to ascend anywhere close to the top since I was carrying a 25 pound child up the many steps. They didn't think it necessary to install an elevator I guess. It was icy and I had already slipped once. The steps are smooth, well worn stone and not of uniform size and shape. And they are very steep. I took this picture to show how steep, but it doesn't adequately capture it.

Since I don't have words to describe it I'll just post several pictures. The surrounding mountains are magnificent as well, although everything was dead when we went. If you ever have a chance to see the wall you should definitely go.

No comments:

Post a Comment