Friday, November 4, 2011

Midnight Shopping

I got an invitation to go night shopping at Dongdaemun Market, a bustling market that doesn't even set-up till 11 pm or later where you can buy whatever your heart desires. Who wouldn't want to shop at 1 o'clock in the morning? Well, usually that would be me. However, I couldn't pass up the opportunity. It was definitely an experience and I enjoyed it with a great group of ladies! We also saw several young kids with their moms, and even after all this time in Korea, I'm still surprised when I see kids out so late at night. 

Can you tell how sleepy we were? She is modeling a lovely horse purse for sale. This is in what the American community I'm around calls 'purse heaven'. Any thing you could want in any price range is here. Clutches with decorative brass knuckles handle, armored armadillo looking backpacks, and any name brand knock-off you can name. (They seem to be especially fond of Coach.)

Doosan Tower, one of the big western style shopping malls - instead of the traditional market style shopping- is in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment